Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The August that was...

It's been a long while since I've ever blogged. August 2008 was a series of events for the whole family. There was our daddy's arrival...the kid's first periodical exams...Kuya Jeremy's Jollibee Kiddie Party...my CS delivery...whew!!! Everything was in a marathon phase. At least now, with God's grace, we got through it in flying colors. Hurray!!!

First week of August :

Hubert confirmed that he would be arriving 11th of August and would be staying until the 30th. My expected date of delivery ( EDD ) was yet on Sept. 9 yet I could have my safe CS surgery between my 38th-39th week of pregnancy...pretty thrilling...since it has to be before Hubert leaving again for China after 3 weeks. As of this time, my OB-Gyne just wouldn't confirm as to what definite date it would be, huhuhuhu...stressful!

August 11

Hubert arrived from Shanghai along with his FSSZ officemates who were participants of the Technical Sharing of FSC at the Waterfront. Since the group will be shuttled from the airport to the hotel, we opted to meet him at the hotel lobby instead. While waiting, this is what we did...





And finally...our much awaited Daddy...



And of course...Daddy's loot...



We stayed with him at hotel and strolled around at The Walk in I.T. Park, just across the Waterfront...







And by the time we went back to our room...







August 18-22, 2008

The week started with a declared non-working holiday, which meant more study time for this week's 1st Periodical test. I'm just so glad I was still on my 37th week, so I would still be hands-on in tutoring the two kids with their lessons. Plus, Hubert was there to lend a hand. :)

Exams are on a half-day basis for the entire week, so the kids still had enough time to study for the following day's schedule at the same time they still had time to unwind when they finished studying earlier.

Saturday came, it was market day for the whole family, Mama-lo and Papa-lo included. We went to Consolacion markket to buy fresh supplies of our daily staples.

Sunday, we went to church at 10 am. Had our lunch at home and then headed to Jollibee Consolacion for the advanced birthday celebration of Kuya Jeremy. It was his 8th birthday party and he requested a Justice League-themed party. I could have done better with the preparation and all. But still we opted this hassle-free party because who knows, I might be going on labor anytime hehehe. So upon Daddy Hubert's approval, Jollibee party it was...









And on the 25th, Kuya's actual birthday, we had a simple dinner and a choco fountain treat...



And guess who enjoyed it the most?

Them...hehehehe...







August 26, 2008

7:00 am

I was already experiencing labor pains. I texted my doc and told me to proceed to the hospital if the pain persists.

9:00 am

I walked into the delivery room.I was My vital signs were monitored.

11:00am

I was transferred to the Operating Room and by 11:30am they were preparing me for the surgery.

11:44am

First time to meet my 7.1 lb Baby Josef Blake. It was a tear-jerking experience, hearing him let out his first cry made me cry too. It was also very touching to see him again already bathed and was latched to me.

Here are some pics...

That's my pretty doc, Dr. Jezreel L. Dabon, who happened to be my classmate since we were Prep up to 6th grade at St. Joseph's Academy.













August 29, 2008
6pm

We were discharged of the hospital. Ate Franee and Kuyaa Jeree came with Papa-lo to fetch us at the hospital. The two were very eager to meet the new member of the family.

August 30, 2008
9am

Daddy Hubert has bid goodbye to everybody since he will be flying back to China. I was left home with Baby Jaybee while the kids accompanied him to the airport with Papa-lo ,of course. I had to stay upstairs due to my CS operation and enjoy service de luxe from Ate Cherry, hehehe.

Well, Daddy Hubert couldn't the moment pass without our new family picture with the new member of the family...



Well, that would be all for now. A marathon, wasn't it? :)

No comments: