Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gingered Pork in Oyster Sauce

This morning was one of those Sundays when everyone in the household would wake up very, very, very late. We didn't even wake to our usual wake up call from the Julie's mobile bakeshop. Which meant that we simply missed our daily supply of Jeremy's favorite "elorde" bread and Fran's most requested "plain ensaimada." Well, anyway, the kids still enjoyed beating their hotcake mix on their own while their Auntie Joyce cooked the batter in the pan for them. We all enjoyed our pancake breakfast a la McDo :)

As I engrossed myself chatting with cousin Elaine and Hubert, I was alarmed looking at the clock and that it was almost time for lunch. I have 3 mouths to feed and I haven't even thawed the meat! Tsk...tsk...tsk... Most of all, I don't have an idea what to cook, hahaha, I thought I have my day off on Sundays. Well, I guess not! Poor me...

Anyway, after 30 minutes of deliberating and the meat has softened, I finally made up my mind and came up with this delectable dish...

Gingered Pork in Oyster Sauce

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


P.S. I'm so glad it passed the most critical standards of my daughter Frances' palate, who mostly chooses to eat only fried chicken, fried pork, hotdogs, and scrambled eggs. She hates anything with sauce except for spaghetti, so I'm so happy she has tried to explore eating this one with oyster sauce:)

1 comment:

Genevive said...

hmmn kalami! :)